Monday, December 03, 2007

Whew! It's stormy out. I've been trying to call everyone at the beach (mom, moldypenny, & secret squirrel) most of this afternoon and this evening. The power and the phones seem to be out all over the peninsula. We've found some reports from places at the beach that describe really high winds (Cape Disappointment recorded 104 mph, Astoria was averaging around 82 mph). I'm hoping my mom's place hasn't flooded (again). Moldypenny's hubby works for the phone co. I hope he hasn't had to work too much and in too dangerous of situations. Just last month, secret squirrel's brand new house was injured in some high winds. Also, this bums me out. It was one of those things that I always looked forward to seeing anytime I drove from the coast to Portland or back.

It's a little worrisome.

No comments: