Thursday, October 30, 2008

This morning my alarm went off. I hit the snooze button and fell back asleep for about 10 minutes. No biggie. The weird thing was... when I woke back up and looked at the clock, I could not, for the life of me, figure out why I was up at 5:10am. I actually asked myself, "Why am I awake. It is very, very early." I felt like I had woken up at 3am or 2am. When you wake up confused as to why you're awake. It took me a few minutes to comprehend that this was my normal weekday wakeup time.

Such an odd thing. This is why Chester Coffeepot, my new friend who brews coffee automatically for me, is so vital to my morning existence (perhaps also vital to me not strangling children).

1 comment:

kungfuramone said...

I am so torn as to whether to feel happy about your success in pedagogy or to overcome with despair at the idea of a 5am wake-up. Either way, I bow before the obelisk of your new coffee machine, albeit from afar.