Saturday, September 15, 2007


Week 2 of teaching went well. I had the vPrincipal in my room twice, and she seemed pleased. I had my mentor teacher-person in my room, and she left many pleasant notes for me. The theme for yearbook is down to two options (A Guide to Going Green, and Rated-E). Pretty clever. I hope that the GreenGuide theme gets chosen.... but it's not up to me.

I also told the kids in animation what they're assignment is (underwater race) and we'll be starting on coral, fishes and octapi on Monday. I showed them this great video (the creators emailed me a link w/ the high res, censored version posted!), which is a combination of live action and 3D set to The Chemical Brothers' "Salmon Dance." There's versions of it on youtube and itunes and other places I'm sure. They have a pretty good description of their projects on their website. The kids loved it. I've been singing the song all week.

Now, thepants and I are off to the Solar Power Expo. Have a good weekend, kittens!

1 comment:

K Schimmy said...

I like the beat-box puffer fish.

Who is your mentor teacher? It's not Adrian, is it? She was mine and she was great.