Friday, February 01, 2008

I've returned from my trip to the great, white north. I went to the annual OSPI conference, with was held in Spokane this year. We heard that it was snowing before we left, but man! There was a ginormous amount of fluffy, white stuff. It snowed several times while I was there, too. When I left there was about 1.5 feet of snow on the ground.

We stayed at the Oxford Suites, which I highly recommend. They provide a free buffet-style breakfast, and more importantly... two free drinks each night (your choice of wine or beer). They even had a microbrew (jubilale). The hotel was right across the river from the conference center. We could take the shuttle or walk through the path and over the river. I never did take the shuttle to the conference center, although I thought about it several times. The path was pretty slippery, and coated with ice and snow. It was just so pretty, though.

The conference was interesting. I learned some things, and met a lot of interesting people. I'm glad to be home though. I'm super tired. I'm looking forward to some more sleep.

No comments: