Thursday, July 31, 2008



Our Mimosa tree is blooming. I love the way it smells and the way the crazy blooms look against it's green wee leaves. The bumble bees love it, too. There are so many of them careening aboot and bumping into each other and the blooms. It's very cute. I love how fuzzy bumble bees are, and how ridiculous they look when they are flying. They always seem just a little out of control.

It's been a weird week. I was supposed to go up to a 3 day class in Seattle last Wednesday, but TheBug got horrible sick in the night and that prevented me from making the trip. I spent the next couple days talking to the vet, and keeping an eye on him. He was so sad. I felt terrible for him. He seems to be better now, but we're starting him on his medication again today (smaller doses and a different delivery method). Hopefully it'll work better.

I went up to Tacoma on Monday, for the first in-person meeting of my online class. I have another session on Friday. Hopefully the a/c will be on, instead of the heat this time. It didn't make for a very helpful learning environment. I have most of my work finished for this class, but still need to put together a "portfolio presentation."
I'm finding it a little difficult to start on this 3-5 min. presentation, as her directions are not totally clear. I'm a little unsure what the goal of this presentation is supposed to be about. Ah, well. I'll include some of the 3D kids videos and I'm sure it'll all work out. With these certification classes, I'm finding that most of the instructors are not terribly tech savvy. So, if I flash a bit of tech at the them, they get super excited about it and are happy with what I've done. I've had instructors be overwhelmed by a simple powerpoint. Pretty weird.

Anyhow. I'm procrastinating. I have that plus some housework to do. If I get those all done, then I'm allowed to listen to my audio book and keep working on my knitting project. I'm hoping to have this knitting project done (or mostly done) before the yarn I ordered from Yarnia comes in for the next project. Gotta get workin!

1 comment:

K Schimmy said...

How is the Bug? Doing okay, I hope!

Your experience with the Bates class (this is Philosophy of CTE, right?) sounds exactly like mine. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't worry, you are dealing with folks that are easily impressed. You will be fine. THESE ARE JUST THE HOOPS!!! I finally got my initial certificate last week (due to procrastination, I waited until it was coming up for renewal). I don't have to worry about renewing until 2013 now, which seems like a long time from now.