Monday, August 11, 2008

I have survived yearbook camp. I had three kids who paid and didn't show up for the vanpool in the morning. I still ended up having seven kids total. Since our class population is 14... I don't think half is too bad. I had two veterans, and the rest were newbies. One boy. They learned a lot of terminology, theories and general info about how yearbooks run. They bonded as a team (We have a fight song! It mentions guava.). They had a lot of fun, and got to meet other yearbook teams, as well as see other books and pages and hear a lot of yearbook info. I had one girl get sick and end up in the hospital for a few hours (either overheated or she's getting appendicitis) and my silly, little butterfly of a girl gorged herself on white rice, and was then sick for a couple of hours. All in all, it seemed to go well. Still, I'm not offering to drive a van full of them again. Those vans are too big and scary, and it's a giant red-tape hassle to do it. (Featured here is a pic of an anonymous yearbook kiddo whose face is hidden, so I feel safe posting this photo.)

In other news, I finally uploaded some photos of our July 4th - Canada Day BBQ at Johnny's. I have two weeks left until school starts. I saw a "Republicans for Obama" sticker on a car today. I got my hair dyed and cut. I love the color(s), but hate the cut. sigh.

2 comments:

K Schimmy said...

Glad you had a good time at camp (at least it sounds like it was beneficial). I would love to take a group some summer.

What color is your hair?

kungfuramone said...

You have exposed that yearbook girl to INTERNET SCRUTINY! For SHAME!!! :P

Lyrics to your fight song?