Monday, August 18, 2008

wire sculpture by etsyian sparkflight


I may have mentioned that I love lists. If not... I lurrrrv lists. I love crossing things off lists. I love writing down the lists. I love putting bullet points next to the items. I just found this site 101 things in 1001 days. The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

I am excited about this idea. I love lists because I love goals. Especially goals with a deadline. I really don't function well without a deadline. I need that ticking clock to make stuff happen. I had my summer lists, of which I finished a majority of things... but not all. There were a few contingencies which didn't allow for completion of projects (ie: TheBug getting sick and the purchase of a Wii.). I did go through and mark all the things that were completed. Which made me all happy and warm & glowy inside as I crossed them out.

But with the 101 project, I can put some of the long term stuff on there. Yay! I love it. I am totally doing this. When I get the list created, I will of course post it. Until then, consider... what do you want to do/complete/undertake/pursue in the next 2.75 years?

3 comments:

Secret Squirrel said...

I enjoy lists as well. I actually have a little jounal with life goal type lists. I got to check "run a marathon" off this year. That one has been on there for a long time. I love goals. I make my kids fill out goal sheets before and after every meet. It's cool.
That is a rad wire sculpture!

K Schimmy said...

I really need to make a life list, since I'll be going through a major life change here in a bit... I'm going to try it.

Ms. Angie said...

Maybe one of the things on your list could be an Old Kitten Party. I think Old Kittens deserve parties too.

I look forward to seeing your list!