Monday, March 30, 2009


Busy day today. First official day of spring break, and I had errands to fill up the entire day. First the vet and then back out to school to finalize a handful of proofs that the kids didn't get done.

I woke up with mrpants this morning and took Kiwi to the vet. She's been licking the fur off her right foreleg and her belly... 'cause she's crazytown. She's also a tricksy little bugger to get in the cat cage. I had to do some bait and switch tactics with wet cat food. Once in the car, she cried the whole way to the vet. She also had an accident in the cat carrier, which made her cry more. Poor little empty noggin cat. The vet performed a series of investigations and we'll get some results back on Wednesday to see if a few more things have been ruled out as causes. So far, we know it's definitely not fleas, mites, rashes or fungus. I'm putting my money on crazy....

Also! We have a new addition to our family! We got a Roomba! Yay! I've been wanting one for years. It's pretty rad. We're still playing around with the settings, but if everything goes well, and the little guy performs up to standards and expectations, there's been a discussion of also getting a Scooba!

Happy Spring Break!

3 comments:

Ms. Angie said...

Thanks for the kind comment on my last blog post. I love that Roomba cat! Maybe you can teach yours to do that too. Happy spring break!

K Schimmy said...

Why do cats do things that are so video-worthy?

Spring break is our vet-time, too... Scout is really getting achy from her arthritis so it's time for some meds, I think, and both beasties need vaccinations. Should be fun.

thetravellor said...

I want to see video of Kiwi's reaction to the roomba.